ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument

  • To: "icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:49:38 -0400

Exactly right. As one of the persons who initially proposed this PDP via the
NCSG, the idea was always that this was a short-term effort to solve the loose
policy ends implied by the DAGv3. It was an attempt to establish VI/CO policy
for the initial round of TLD applications to prevent staff from "making policy"
in the guise of "implementation." Any continuation of the PDP can take on
longer term issues.