ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] major conclusion from the report-drafting/review call -- schedule too tight, we need to back off

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] major conclusion from the report-drafting/review call -- schedule too tight, we need to back off
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:06:38 -0500

hi all,

a quick note to bring you all up to speed with where things are after the
report-review call this morning.

there was consensus.

this is too tight a schedule.  we're going to set the "release the report to
public comment" deadline back a week to allow all of us the time we need to get
this draft in shape.  we've all worked too hard to get here -- we need to make
sure that our draft is in better shape before we release it.

Roberto and i are working on a short-interval schedule of what needs to happen
by when.  here are a few things that need to happen by the end of the day today
that i'll mention here, and i'll push out the rest of the schedule once Roberto
and i have had a chance to push it back and forth a couple times.

confirm this schedule with senior staff (acknowledging that the report does not
contain policy recommendations, that the Council may very likely delay a
decision, that the Board will have access to our report regardless, etc.) -
Margie
publish short-interval schedule for the week's work - Mikey/Roberto/leaders
launch discussion of "rules for proposal summaries" (length, whether or not to
refer to levels of support, etc.) -- proposal and principle drafting-teams

this last one is the one for the drafting teams to focus on.  i'll kick off a
thread for this in a minute.

thanks all,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109