ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] polling -- picking up the pieces

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] polling -- picking up the pieces
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:00:17 -0500

oh well...

i, as the charter member of the O'Connor Foundation for Continuous Polling
(OFoCoPo for short) yield and cry "uncle"...

i would like to see a definition, from the group, as to what constitutes an
acceptable process to determine who supports which proposals.  i think
releasing a report without that tally pretty dramatically reduces the
credibility of our report and strains the limits of transparency.

it's clear that the current poll doesn't stand a chance of getting through all
of your objections.

so.  how do we get that done?  my preference would be if you would point to a
process that's been done in some other Working Group and say "do it like that"
so i could set the staff folks on the task of getting something set up in time
for it to be completed by the time we release the Final Report.

thanks,

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356