ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] the way forward -- a summary of the conversation on the call today

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] the way forward -- a summary of the conversation on the call today
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:37:21 -0500

hi all,

the call today focused on what we want to do between now and the Tuesday,
17-August deadline for submitting our revised Initial Report to the Council.

here are some key milestone dates.

-- 2-August (a week from today) -- deadline for proposing new topics for
conversation by the group (eg "harms", "compliance", new configurations of
proposals, whatever)
-- 9-August (two weeks from today) -- deadline for any substantive changes that
we want to drive into the draft, if any (in order to give people time to review
them)
-- 16-August (three weeks from today) -- review and approve changes, if any, to
the revised Initial Report (at a minimum, the summary of Public Comments)

please note -- we didn't say that we were actually going to drive substantial
changes into the report.  i made up those dates, *IF* some really significant
agreement were to *QUICKLY* emerge from the conversation.  what we're really
saying is that we want to keep the momentum and the conversation going rather
than just taking the holiday month of August off.  that way we'll have a good
start on those conversations rather than having to restart from idle at the
beginning of September.

Jeff Eckhaus has already kicked off a "harms" discussion on the list.  this
would be a good time to kick off other topics that are on your minds.

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com