ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"

  • To: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:31:49 -0700

I don't think it is that difficult to identify consumer harms.
Registries/registrars are probably quite adept at identifying harms to
themselves.   Others may be good at pointing out what hurts consumers.
Whoever is doing the identifying, a showing of either logic or evidence can
move it from the "I fear that" to the "there is some chance" or "there is a
good chance" column.  An opinion without evidence or logic is basically
worthless.