ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-dt]

[gnso-whois-dt] Updated draft "working defintions" for WHOIS and cross-references to study hypotheses attached

  • To: "gnso-whois-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-whois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-whois-dt] Updated draft "working defintions" for WHOIS and cross-references to study hypotheses attached
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:54:56 -0800

All,

Attached please find two documents, as follows:

1.       Highlighted chart of WHOIS hypotheses:  I highlighted each instance in
our chart of study hypotheses where the terms we are defining are actually
used, so that you can see the context in which each term is being applied.  The
chart is simply a cut-and-paste from the final hypotheses list in our 26 August
WHOIS hypotheses report.

2.       Updated list of working definitions. Please note that I have updated
this since my previous email in two respects.  First, I have added the study
numbers where the terms are used so you can hopefully more easily find them and
read them in context.  Second, I want to highlight comments that I've added
in-line for two of the terms: "undesirable content" which I think should be
changed to "illegal or undesirable activities"  and "adequate protective
measures", which is alternately referred to in various hypotheses as "(roughly)
effective technical measures", "effective methods" and "adequate corrective
measures".  In my comments I suggest a new, streamlined definition for "illegal
or undesirable activities" which can be discussed further on the list and at
the next meeting.

Please encourage input from your constituencies and ACs.  These revised
documents, along with explanation, will also be forward to the
liaison/constituency lists as well.

Thanks, Liz