ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: KB Thoughts on How to Finish by 13 April 2010!

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>, Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: KB Thoughts on How to Finish by 13 April 2010!
  • From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 09:37:13 +1100

Firstly, let me apologise to Ken.

Ken, we don't know each other and I would expect you are extremely disappointed
in me, if not angry. I am sorry.  I am sorry that your performance has been
publically discussed in this fashion. It certainly was not my intention. I am
better than that and hold my reputation out each and every day. I am
disappointed that yours has been questioned in this light.

To play sniper is not my style. I was merely fact finding before taking my
further thoughts through an appropriate channel. This was a personal discussion
that was certainly never meant to be every publicly discussed nor quoted. It
was phrased out of frustration and I assumed that the reader would have been
able to distinguish between the core issue and the "Adrian byplay". Clearly I
over estimated someone in this circumstance.

I apologise to the team members and rest of the group. Those of you that do
know me, hopefully you appreciate my demeanour and directness. I always try to
play as straight as I can with folks. I certainly would never request that
someone do my bidding. I am quite capable myself.

My reputation has been damaged. I am extremely disappointed. I trust that this
incident won't frame me as a person or professional. If it does I will work
hard to change that perception.

I value my role in ICANN. I value the work that gets done. I don't always get
my way but I will always speak up about it.

I will be critical of the work the WPM does. I figure you want me to. However,
you can be rest assured my criticisms will not come from someone else, be taken
out of context, or be deliberately abrasive.

This is probably enough from me.

Ken and team, good luck with the remainder of your work. I look forward to
participating at the appropriate time.

Regards,

Adrian Kinderis