ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[idn-discuss]

RE: [idn-discuss] confirm IDN mailing list

  • To: idn-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [idn-discuss] confirm IDN mailing list
  • From: Cary Karp <ck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 15:15:23 +0200

> This wake-up is very interesting and sharp in time. Point is to know
> if there is no other ICANN IDN list being active we would ignore? So,
> we do not duplicate the debates?

My recollection is that this list was set up in response to clear and
repeated expressions of interest in ICANN providing a venue for the
discussion of general matters relating to IDN. Although it did not see
the intended use at the time, I don't know of any corresponding platform
that has since emerged. If the original interest has now revived, I
think that it would be quite appropriate for this list finally to become
active.

/Cary