ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] Request for Assistance from ICANN

  • To: Sam Lanfranco <Lanfran@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] Request for Assistance from ICANN
  • From: Poncelet Ileleji <pileleji@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:41:19 +0000

Colleagues,

I will like to add,  that ICANN has been evolving and if you look at the
present trends things are changing for ICANN to have a better global appeal
and communication outreach  and inclusiveness that aspect is where the
constituencies come in to support the ICANN administration and my reasoning
based on what I am seeing is constituencies like ours are now getting more
relevant to ICANN multistakeholdrism process.

Personally what I have seen in the couple of months since the last IGF and
the intercessional is that times are changing, the survey is a start, it
might tend to look too "Corporate focusing" as Sam suggested but we should
look at the global picture and the various on goings within ICANN global
outreach.

I can say speaking from a developing country perspective especially from
small "The Gambia" more people are now  knowing now about ICANN role within
the global internet ecosystem, so something is changing.  It might still
be  a bit opaque in outlook to some who know better than I the inner
workings of ICANN but I see a better outreach happening.

Just my small thoughts and contribution.

Peace

Ponvcelet

WE have to understand that

--
Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240