ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

Re: [npoc-voice] Request for Assistance from ICANN

  • To: "Poncelet Ileleji" <pileleji@xxxxxxx>, "Sam Lanfranco" <Lanfran@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [npoc-voice] Request for Assistance from ICANN
  • From: "klaus.stoll" <klaus.stoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 11:45:08 +0100

Dear Friends

Greetings. I agree with most what has been said before. I think this is a very
important development and something that needs to be discussed and “put on the
table” with ICANN as it goes right into the heart, spirit and center of what
ICANN is and should be , it is the fight about ICANN soul. ICANN staff, because
of their background see ICANN as a “MSP Company”. For them company means
“managed interests” and not open and flexible “dialogue” with uncertain outcome
between the MSP stakeholders. It’s the old topic of ICANN policy making process
again and again. How can we have hope for the open MSP model? I think the
answer is simple: it turns out to be the better “business model”. Managed
interests achieve, managed, secure and limited results and returns, they are
safe but dull and not very resistant against real challenges, a MSP dialogue
business model is chaotic and unpredictable but in the end it produces the
better return and is also more resilient against attacks. It’s the old faceless
bureaucrat against creative genius. I know which one is the real soul of ICANN,
and like all souls they have to be nourished and maintained on a daily basis.

Yours

Klaus