ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[npoc-voice]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[npoc-voice] Re: Commentary on “The Quest for a 21st Century ICANN: A Blueprint”

• To: Sam Lanfranco <lanfran@xxxxxxxx>, mlemineur@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [npoc-voice] Re: Commentary on “The Quest for a 21st Century ICANN: A Blueprint”
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:11:50 +0100

Dear Sam, Dear Friends

Greetings and Thank You Sam for this excellent document. I had the pleasure to read it now twice since last night and I honestly think it is a very important document not only as a comment on the Strategic Panel but also from NPOC and ICANN as a whole, as parts of Sams thinking go far beyond the concerns of the panel. I have the feeling that this is an important contribution of our constituency to the overall ICANN discussion, (although it is clear that the work has been done by Sam). I encourage all the NPOC members not only to read but also to comment on the paper in order to get a more input,. We also need to get the paper disseminated into as many IG arenas as possible. I will send the paper as a contribution of NPOC and Sam to the GNSO council which has requested input on the Strategic Panel paper and I will also send it to circle of IG friends. Sam, I guess you have submitted this directly to the Strategic panel, if not, I think it should be done. Any other suggestions how NPOC can promote and disseminate the paper. Should it be send as a official NPOC submission and statement?

Let's discuss it, this paper is to valuable in many respects not to be taken full advantage of.

Yours

Klaus

On 2/12/2014 11:09 PM, Sam Lanfranco wrote:
Marie-laure, Klaus, and NPOC colleagues,

I have written a long(ish) Commentary on the Strategy Panel document "The Quest for a 21st Century ICANN: A Blueprint". It is attached here as a pdf, and I have posted it to my blog at samlanfranco.blogspot.com <http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com> . It is written in a conversational style to make it accessible. There are no footnotes or references other than to the document URL at The Governance Lab at New York University, and the URL for my blog site. It is written with section headings in a manner in which it can be read in parts and in any sequence. Hopefully it will get wide circulation for comment, and hopefully it can serve as the basis for an NOPC submittion
on the document.

Regards and Ciao, Sam L.
----------------------------------------------
"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
----------------------------------------------
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: Lanfran@xxxxxxxx <mailto:Lanfran@xxxxxxxx>   Skype: slanfranco
blog: http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: 613 476-0429 cell: 416-816-2852

-

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy