ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: Taskforce Meeting GNSO PDP Feb 06: Policies for Contractual Conditions: Existing TLDs]

  • To: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] [Fwd: Taskforce Meeting GNSO PDP Feb 06: Policies for Contractual Conditions: Existing TLDs]
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:49:26 -0600

This is a response to Marilyn's message regarding her candidacy for co-chair or vice-chair of the Task Force. In preparation for our Wellington meeting, I have prepared a statement of interest (which I am filing simultaneously with this message). In order to prepare my statement, I reviewed other statements on file at [http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg02186.html].
I cannot support Marilyn's candidacy until she files a more meaningful statement of interest. Every other councilor has identified specific clients and interests represented. Marilyn's statement refers generally to
"
clients of my business are concerned about the security and stability of the Internet, are registrants and users of the Internet...."

I do not believe this is an adequate disclosure. Until Marilyn names her clients and specific interests, I do not believe she is qualified to act as co-chair or vice-chair of the Task Force.
David