ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[pdp-pcceg-feb06]

[pdp-pcceg-feb06] Statement of Interest for David W. Maher

  • To: pdp-pcceg-feb06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [pdp-pcceg-feb06] Statement of Interest for David W. Maher
  • From: "David W. Maher" <dmaher@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:01:35 -0600

I am Senior Vice President - Law and Policy of Public Interest Registry, a nonprofit corporation responsible for management of the registry of the .ORG top level domain. From 1999 until 2002, I was Vice President - Public Policy of the Internet Society. In 2002, I became founding Chairman of the Board of Public Interest Registry, and served in that capacity until August, 2004.
I am a member of the Bar of New York, Illinois and Wisconsin and a registered patent attorney with the US Patent and Trademark Office. I am a director of the Better Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern Illinois, Inc. I am a retired partner of the law firm, Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal in the US, and have no connection at this time with any of its present or former clients. I am a member of the WIPO Arbitration & Mediation Center Panel of Neutrals.
I am a member of the Visiting Committee to the Divinity School at the University of Chicago, a member of the American Law Institute and various other professional organizations, but have no policy making responsibilities in any of those organizations.
David W. Maher
Senior Vice President - Law & Policy
Public Interest Registry
1775 Wiehle Ave, #102A