ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Revised draft Charter Terms of Reference for your review

  • To: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Revised draft Charter Terms of Reference for your review
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:20:36 -0400

I, too, support this. ICANN needs to work harder on delivering more stable
results from its _defined_ policy processes so that everyone involved - not
just TLD applicants, but literally all of us - can know what the process is and
what the results are. We need to stop opening up things when one group or
another doesn't like the final results and wants a "re-do".

If ICANN goes seriously wrong there are legal challenges and the like, but
we've got to start taking ICANN's actual, organic policy processes more
seriously.

From: owner-soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Antony Van Couvering

I support this amendment.