ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] replacement for 2.2 and 2.4 : next try following Mary's and Richard's comments

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bertrand de La Chapelle <bdelachapelle@xxxxxxxxx>, "soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] replacement for 2.2 and 2.4 : next try following Mary's and Richard's comments
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:58:21 -0400

I have heard several govt representatives express their desire to raise TLD
objections based on their local laws or "public interest" notions. Not on this
list, however. But if no one supports that and it's openly excluded as an
option, then that's great.

That being said, I have no objection to national govts using the community
objection process, on the same terms and conditions as any other community.
What is unclear from Bertrand's note, is whether this is a new procedure
specifically tailored to allow a new channel of objections, or not. If that
could be clarified it would be good.

--MM