ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Expert Panel should give recommendation

  • To: Philip Sheppard <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Expert Panel should give recommendation
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:12:51 -0400

Well, not always.... but in regard to the topics being discussed here, I think
that the extensive discussions that took place during the Council WG of the
whole -- on this topic -- pretty much thrashed out areas of agreement.I think
my views re the establishment of the 'expert approach' has been actually
supported as well by work that I did on the PSC, where we did discuss a lot the
importance of having experts, and independent expertise.