ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Comments on 4.2 and 5.4

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Comments on 4.2 and 5.4
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:24:11 -0400

Hi,

I do not understand why you think a recommendation is de-facto binding if it is
explicitly not binding.

I think the Board knows that advice is non binding - they have shown that on
several occasions, and would behave accordingly.

I agree with those who think that an group advisers making a recommendation
regarding the validity of an object according to International law is a forcing
function the focuses them on the point.    And I have no doubt that the board
will make its own decision.

a.