ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Comments on 4.2 and 5.4

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Comments on 4.2 and 5.4
  • From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 08:56:24 +0200

 +1 on all congratulations to Chuck for running such a tight schedule.

On 22/09/2010 23:36, Gomes, Chuck wrote :
> [Gomes, Chuck] I thought that there would be a pool of experts from whom
> a subset would be chosen for a given objection and that the Board would
> be involved in approving the provider of experts but not that they would
> be involved in selecting experts on a case by case basis.  In my
> opinion, to do that would involve the Board in micro management, which I
> think is not the appropriate for a Board of Directors.

Indeed, that was my assumption as well. The Board's workload in
micro-management *has* to be lightened.
I gather that this will be one of the details to work out in the
implementation plan, should the CIST that's proposed, be voted.
Kind regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD