ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Action points - JAS WG call 8 June

  • To: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Action points - JAS WG call 8 June
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:47:42 +0200

Thanks Elaine.

I think it's a very good document.   Look forward to feedback from the Group.

Some comments from me:

Proposal 2.   Seems very reasonable to me that this should be adopted for the
relatively small subset of applicants who will meet our criteria

Proposal 3.  The explanatory memoranda to the DAG already indicate that Auction
Proceeds are a potential source of funding for our applicants -- so I expect a
positive response on this proposal.

Proposal 4.  The $25K per year (more if the registry has >50K names) is to
cover the cost of ICANN operationally managing the TLD,  as well as
administratively managing the relationship with the registry operator.   The
fee was $75K per year (minimum) in earlier versions of the DAG - but was
subsequently reduced to $25K minimum.

Proposals 5 & 6.    I expect a response here that any surplus funds might be
refundable  - but only after the TLD process is complete and all costs have
been tallied.  That said,  I have no problem with us making this recommendation.