ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] continuity of operations funding requirement

  • To: <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] continuity of operations funding requirement
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:54:31 +0100

Dear all,

As I said in a previous mail, and even if it’s a general issue that affects
all applicants, not only the needy ones, the 3 to 5 years continuity of
operations funding requirement should be addressed by our working group
because the eligible applicant to the support would be the most affected by
this too heavy financial load that has to be secured at the application
step.

As well explained by Danny younger in his comment, the 3 to 5 years
continuity period required by the DAG doesn’t comport with the
recommendations of the ICANN gTLD registry Failover plan that calls for a
timeframe of a duration of 1 to 3 months. Danny proposed a period of 6
months (realistic period, much greater than the failover plan’s one).

I do support Danny’s proposal, and would like this issue to be reflected in
our final report.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231

  _____