ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Bundled pricing proposed language

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Bundled pricing proposed language
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 17:57:25 -0700

Missed that post,  sorry.

So it does seem to be saying that.   It may be an unintended consequence,  but
this appears to
be the opposite of what we're chartered to do.

Namely,  in certain situations it would be harm an applicant with limited funds
to the benefit of an applicant
with significant funds.  E.g.  I am a well funded applicant who applies for the
string .ABCDE in ten different
languages and I get an advantage over ten other applicants who each applied for
just one of these versions.

RT