ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Draft replacement proposal for bundling

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Draft replacement proposal for bundling
  • From: Andrew Mack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:45:33 -0700 (PDT)

Avri,

Happy to do my best to clarify.

Yes, our recommendation (Richard, mine, but I think it fits with conversations
I've had with Alex, Tijani, Carlos and others) was to leave this discount open
to anyone, as our goal is to get the scripts out there -- a potential benefit
all script users -- while avoiding incentives for gaming.  This was put forward
as a replacement for bundling as a way to fairly promote interest in
smaller/less economically viable scripts.

For needy applicants, don't remember if we discussed this, but my personal hope
is that this could be applied to any additional discounts/assistance they would
qualify for, again, with a goal of making it easier for the applicants.
Especially in the early days as our sources of financing are still uncertain,
this could make a lot of sense.

In terms of fee reductions, my assumption is the same as yours.  The
prioritization issue (no matter how we apply it) wouldn't factor in.

Hope this is helpful.  See you in Vilnius,
Andrew

Andrew A. Mack
Principal
AMGlobal Consulting