ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] announcement for Milestone Report posting

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] announcement for Milestone Report posting
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:40:56 -0800

Dear all,

Please see attached the current announcement that reflects the majority of the
feedback I  received. I hope I captured the overall message and tone, even if
100% of the suggested changes are not here, particularly the once that offered
more of a press release kind of structure, which is not the case.

Just to review the next steps towards posting, as I understand it:

Nov 10 - deadline to review the ADDENDA.
Nov 10 - if we are all ok with the announcement as well, then we can post the
Milestone Report and addenda for public comments. The Public comment period
will be for 30 days minimum, with an appropriate extension once we have the
translated versions available.

Karla to do:
I will update the Wiki accordingly and prior to all postings since the Wiki
link is in the announcement. I believe the Wiki access issue has been solved.
If you still have access issues, let me know.
I will send the materials to our global regional managers and give them an
update on this topic so they know what this is about.
I submitted the Milestone Report for translations and will do the same with the
addenda and announcement as soon as approved. All info will be in 6 UN
languages (English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russia, Arabic).

Avri, Evan - will you notify the SO/AC and Board about this report publication
when it is done, or do you want me to do it?

CARTAGENA:

*         Confirmed that we will have a 1 hour session on Thursday, Dec 9, from
9:30 to 10:30. Session title agreed upon: "Assisting gTLD Applicants from
Developing Economies". Agenda details, speakers were not discussed yet. The
room will have interpreters, remote participation, scribes.... We have the
stage set up in theater form.

I strongly suggest we have a guest speaker and also maybe one or 2 board
members that demonstrate support (maybe Katim and one of the new board members?)

*         The chairs (Avri/Evan or both) will also give a 10 minutes update on
the Monday new gTLD Session. We will need a slide or 2 in advance for this. Can
we have it next week? I can come up with something

*         Other special sessions with updates to SO/AC are coordinated by Avri.

Kind regards,

Karla Valente
Product/Services Director
Direct:  + 1 310 301 3878