ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Additional Criteria "Indigenous Peoples"

  • To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Additional Criteria "Indigenous Peoples"
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:52:00 -0400

Given how ICANN normally addresses such issues, a suitably qualified external panel would be the only way to go (in my mind). That will separate the Board and staff from making the decisions. Sadly, it will not separate the need to set the criteria on which the decisions are made, nor from criticism by those who do not like the decisions, but perhaps that it just life.

Alan