ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Discounted Pricing for Underserved Communities

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Discounted Pricing for Underserved Communities
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:37:50 -0400

Hi,

While this may be an option for some and I do not want to make light of their
kind offer, I still think the price is too high and still does nothing to
create new Registry Service Provider capabilities in developing economies.

In essence, this seems to me to still invest the cultural and linguistic
resources of developing economies in developed country's businesses.

So while it may help some businesses in these economies, it seems to do little
to build the real capacity of these developing economies.

a.