ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] For Kurt's review and requested feedback - Avri's proposal

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] For Kurt's review and requested feedback - Avri's proposal
  • From: Wendy Profit <wendy.profit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 08:25:33 -0700

Hi Avri,

In follow up to today's call, I would like to forward your proposal to Kurt for
his feedback and I want to make sure I point to the correct text. Is it the
link below that you previously forwarded to the group here:   As to an answer
of where the money would come form I have contributed a suggestion in:
https://community.icann.org/display/jaswg/Fee+Reduction+and+self-funding+requirement

Or is this the correct excerpt below?  (or some other text?)

Wendy

Financial Need

The overriding consensus of the WG is that financial need and capability is the
primary criteria for determining eligible applications. Such need and
capability is to be demonstrated through the following criteria:
*

Applicants must be capable of contributing US$45,000 towards the New gTLD
Program's Evaluation Fee, unless ICANN waives, or lowers evaluation fees.
*       Where applicants anticipate scheduled fees, such as for extended
evaluation, the applicant must be capable of contributing a quarter of the
scheduled fees.
*       Applicants must be capable of contributing US$45,000 towards registry
operational costs, if the applicant proposes to operate its own registry
platform. If the applicant proposes to share registry operational costs with
other qualified applicants, the applicant must be capable of contributing the
pro-rated proportional share of this cost.
*       Applicants must be capable of contributing US$45,000 towards registry
continuity operational costs, if the applicant proposes to fund its own
continuity operation. If the applicant proposes to share registry continuity
operational costs with other qualified applicants, the applicant must be
capable of contributing the pro-rated proportional share of this cost.

To demonstrate need, Applicants will be required to submit materials to the
program administrators, detailing the various constraints which negatively
affect the Applicant's ability to acquire and implement a gTLD without
assistance under this program. Applicants should provide background on
economic, technical, administrative, legal, and/or socio-cultural factors
within their environment which are causing these constraints. As well,
Applicants will be requested to detail any applicable constraints on
management, human resources, IT infrastructure and the Applicant's technical
capabilities.