ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Last words

  • To: "'Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond'" <ocl@xxxxxxx>, "'Cintra Sooknanan'" <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Last words
  • From: <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:10:06 +0100

Olivier, I totally support your suggestion.

We already defined and used the various level of consensus, as well as the
minority view.

As an example, here is the paragraph 2.9 a) of the first milestone report:

Consensus: in the group that should a ''.brand TLD[1]'' category be defined
by a future applicant process, such ''.brand TLDs'' are excluded from
support as they should be self-supporting companies and thus not eligible
for need based support.

·         There was a Minority view that an exception could be made for
those applicants from countries where market constraints make normal
business operations more difficult and who are proposing a name in an IDN
script not currently supported.

We may keep the same words to express the consensus and the minority view.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231