ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] financial support implementation plans posted for comment

  • To: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] financial support implementation plans posted for comment
  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 00:56:04 +0300

Dear Carla,

Thank you very much for clarifying on this. Going forward it is necessary
to align JAS policy "monitoring outcomes and correcting policies" along
Policy Development Process Work Team Updated Final Report & Recommendations
28 September, 2011 (pp. 138 -139) adopted by the Board at
http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-08dec11-en.htm#2.5

- - - snip- - -
Comment (by AG)

"The concept of monitoring outcomes needs to have an accompanying method to
make corrections to a policy if a policy is not working as originally
intended, without having to go through the full PDP process. Once the new
PDP is implemented, the GNSO Council should charter a small group to
propose such a change. This should not wait until a full review of the PDP
process takes place."

WG Response

"In relation to monitoring outcomes and correcting policies, the WT notes
that a process does exist to make changes before a policy is adopted by the
Board. The WT,however, acknowledges that no such mechanism exists after
adoption by the Board and in the proposed PDP the only way to make changes
would be a new PDP. The WT did point out that if such a change would be
universally supported, presumably a PDP would require minimal time. The WT
also noted that a WG Charter could foresee for the WG to review the results
of the implementation of the policy and propose changes, if deemed
appropriate. However, it would probably need to be determined on a case by
case basis whether a new PDP would need to be conducted in order make
changes to an already adopted and implemented policy."
- - - snap - - -

regards,

Alex