ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Draft outreach slides

  • To: Steve Sheng <steve.sheng@xxxxxxxxx>, Ird <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Draft outreach slides
  • From: James M Galvin <jgalvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 10:35:09 -0500

Steve,

Thanks very much for these slides.  I have a few suggestions as follows.

Slide 5: "displayed in WHOIS" to "displayed using the WHOIS protocol"

Slide 7: "script accepted by the registrar" in Model 3 to "any registrar-accepted script"; carry forward to slide 11

Slide 7: "language accepted by the registrar" in Model 4 to "any registrar-accepted language"; carry forward to slide 12

Slide 8: "WHOIS" to "registration data"

Slide 8: "character set" to "script"

Slide 14: Question 2 asks for comments on the "recommendations", but there are no recommendations in these slides. More precisely, the word "recommendation" does not appear anywhere in the slide deck and thus the question is ambiguous.

I think you need pull slides 23 and 24 out of the "backup slides" and insert them between slides 13 and 14.

Thanks,

Jim

-- On January 10, 2011 2:00:35 PM -0800 Steve Sheng <steve.sheng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote regarding [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Draft outreach slides --

Dear IRD-WG,

  Attached please find the draft outreach slides. In this
presentation, we focus on the different models and ways to
internationalize domain registration data. We also provided rational
for discussing the different models.

  As agreed, please provide feedback to the slide deck on the mailing
list. We also appreciate if you could suggest times and target
audience for the outreach.

Warm regards,