ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

.XXX opposition

  • To: <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .XXX opposition
  • From: "Jason B. Hart" <jbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 15:42:33 -0400

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a professional member of the adult online community; I own a
business which markets adult products to consumers and own over 100
adult-oriented domain names.

I am concerned that ICM is pushing unnecessarily for a "responsible"
global online community when the adult entertainment community already
has an entity through which Internet publishers and others can
self-identify as a responsible global online adult entertainment
community through the Free Speech Coalition and its Code of Ethics.

I am also concerned with the lack of transparency surrounding ICM's
submissions in the omission of the names of IFFOR Board members and
Policy Council members who will develop regulations for the .XXX online
industry; and that adult businesses would be required to agree to comply
with "IFFOR Policies and Best Practices Guidelines" that have yet to be
created by boards and councils which have yet to be revealed.

The information provided for public comment is insufficient. Members of
the adult entertainment community require more information about the
application in order to provide the appropriate level of feedback to the
ICANN Board for it to make an informed decision. If additional
information is provided, the community most impacted by .XXX, the adult
online community will not have sufficient time to respond and therefore
request that the public comment period be extended 30 days after
additional information that has been requested has been supplied.

Sincerely,

Jason B. Hart

Jason B. Hart
President, Northstar Productions, LLC
"J-SiN" on the SiN2.0 Adult Webmaster Podcast
<http://www.sin20.com/podcast>

4149529

jasonbhart

  <http://twitter.com/jasonbhart>