ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Why ICANN needs to approve the .XXX Registry Agreement

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Why ICANN needs to approve the .XXX Registry Agreement
  • From: AJ LaFOND <ceo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 01:00:04 -0600

Dear ICANN,

As the owner of SEXWORLD.us, abcxxx.com, xxxsextoys.org, & others, I urge ICANN
to approve the Registry Agreement for the dot-xxx top-level domain.

I believe this is an important step in grouping adult sites, such as mine,
together in an extension that clearly would not be mistaken as containing
anything but adult related sexual content. Unlike the .com, .net , .us, .org,
etc... etc... .

No longer would employees get away with claiming they didn't know the site was
x-rated. And combing company computers for .xxx ext. would be easy for the
company trying to locate violators.

Parents could block .xxx extensions from the kids computers.

This is more than just a good idea. It's a no brainer in todays internet world.
In fact not passing the .xxx extension would be bad publicity, I believe.
Religious organizations would rather have a .xxx extension that is clear and
consise in what the extension relates to, rather than the current situation of
utter confusion at what some sites may or may not contain.

I believe that the labelling of adult content online is a good and useful step
forward.

The company behind dot-xxx, ICM Registry has spent many years trying to make
the extension a reality, and has given considerable thought into how a
self-regulated adult area online would work.

The delegated policy making authority, in conjunction with the not-for profit
IFFOR, is clearly articulated in the posted documents and allows for
multi-stakeholder input whilst at the same time adhering firmly to its charter.

I urge you to execute the Registry Agreement as soon as possible and so let the
registration of .XXX names begin.

Thank you for your time, Sincerely, AJ LaFond CEO SEXWORLD.us

AJ LaFOND
SEXWORLD/aj-companies