ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Re: At Large Structure application

  • To: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Re: At Large Structure application
  • From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:24:17 +0200

On 2003-10-14 08:50:05 +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> (Whether we need a full translation of the application, or
> whether the English review would be enough for us to vote, is
> something we have to decide - personally, I think that an English
> review could be enough if it's not too summarized.)

The bylaws require a 2/3 majority for the approval of an at-large
structure, not "some process."

It is, of course, a good thing to delegate most of the work to
people from the region and to staff, but I feel that at least the
information from the application should be available to all
committee members in order to enable them to make a fully informed
decision.

As I said earlier, I won't vote "yes" for any application that I
don't understand.

--
Thomas Roessler  <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At-Large Advisory Committee: http://alac.info/