ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] internet governance and wsis

  • To: Annette.Muehlberg@xxxxxx, alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [alac] internet governance and wsis
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 07:04:38 +0000

Thanks, Annette.
WHile I think that the first one is a fair attempt to an objective analysis (given Geoff's background and point of view), I am appalled by the Milton/Hans paper. People of their knowledge and experience could have done better. Of all the (unfortunately many) shortcomings (or perceived as such) of ICANN, surprise, surprise, the only ones analysed are those that can be related to some discussion in the framework the WSIS. Sorry, but it has nothing to do with independent academic research, is only chasing brownie points. Irrelevant for the progress on this matter, but good to get sponsors for future equally irrelevant papers.
Incidentally, how come that people mlike Milton and Hans, that I held in high esteem, and that have been part of the internet governance process from day 0, still don't have the slightest clue on how IP address allocation is performed (or pretend they don't)? I think this is a bad sign on where the debate might be leading.

Anyway, I safely arrived to the hotel after the soccer celebration party, and enjoy the fact that the first meeting tomorrow is only at 8:30.

Good night,
Roberto GAETANO
ALAC
ICANN BoD Liaison