ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] .NET Public Comments re: Sitefinder

  • To: ALAC <alac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [alac] .NET Public Comments re: Sitefinder
  • From: Bret Fausett <fausett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:49:50 -0300

I understand that some members of the Board have asked why our concerns about Sitefinder and its relationship to the .NET RFP were not raised earlier, when the independent evaluators could have reviewed those concerns. Please direct anyone asking a similar question to the URLs below. Sitefinder was raised numerous times, by name, in public comments both about the content of the draft RFP and the substance of the submitted proposals. The question is not why we didn't raise these points earlier but why ICANN and Telecordia did not respond to them in drafting the RFP and evaluating the proposals.

http://forum.icann.org/lists/net-rfp-comments/msg00014.html
http://forum.icann.org/lists/net-rfp-comments/msg00018.html (point 7)
http://forum.icann.org/lists/net-rfp-verisign/msg00001.html
http://forum.icann.org/lists/net-rfp-verisign/msg00008.html