Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: friedrich
Date/Time: Mon, July 3, 2000 at 10:23 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: CORE and Roundrobin

Justin,
I don't know, if you read the post of the last forum. There was a lot of information on CORE.

The Roundrobin method is a very bad example of justice, because you can buy this "justice"through so-called "premium services".

These premium services are too expensive for "average Joe", but no problem for "the big ones". If you buy premium services for your name with all the registrars of CORE with a script, no one else will be able to get that name and Roundrobin robbs off the shore ...

It is the same as buying an expensive .tv name (try out www.tv, please) - the regitrars will be happy, but it is everything else than "open" or "fair". Only that the .tv people tell you immediately what you have to pay to get the name and its your decision to pay or not to pay ... CORE doesn't.

The CORE strategy is a hidden one, one you don't notice immediately, but in my eyes it is the worst proposal for registering new domain names I know.

I do not upport IOD, because I registered names there, but because they use a fair system. I also registered with CORE in the very beginning, but when I read their business methods more precisely, I immediately stopped doing so, because I do not want to support such a system, nor do I want to get an advantage through such a system.
The system of CORE is simply wrong.

Regards,
Friedrich

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy