Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Sat, July 8, 2000 at 12:47 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: TELL ME ABOUT IT

>You know, the WIPO arbiters (and others making decisions regarding domains) make absolutely no freaking sense.

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Tell Me About It.

Why do you think I got WIPO.org.UK ????

The reason they are making these rulings - it comes from one of WIPOs own people - ONE OF WIPO PANELISTS WHO JUDGES THE DOMAIN NAMES

Taken from my protest site (key phrases marked with **):

G. Gervaise Davis III, WIPO panelist (talking about WIPO):

"The majority seems to assume that a trademark owner has some sort of **God-given right to use the trademark to the exclusion of others**," wrote G. Gervaise Davis III, in the dissent to the April 20 decision.

"In my judgment, the majority's decision prohibits conduct which was not intended to be regulated by the Icann policy," Davis wrote.

"This creates a dangerous and unauthorized situation whereby the registration and use of common generic words as domains can be prevented by trademark owners wishing to own their generic trademarks in gross. I cannot, and will not agree to any such decision, which is **fundamentally wrong.**"

"The majority, in an effort to stop a practice that it seems to take upon itself to believe is an **unstated purpose of the ICANN Policy,** has completely over-stepped its mandate as arbitrators."

**THEY ARE DOING IT BECAUSE IT IS AN UNSTATED PURPOSE OF THE ICANN POLICY**

The proof --->                   ICANN HAS NOT STOPPED THEM DOING IT

WIPO.org.uk has no connection with, and wishes to be totally disassociated from, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO.ORG).

Link: http://www.WIPO.org.uk

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy