Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, October 22, 2000 at 1:09 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
With all of these .biz applicants asking to be the .biz registrar, I think it is
important to note that this is a futile effort. The top level domain, .biz,
is in existence in the ORSC. There are several websites up an running with
a .biz tld. If ICANN chooses Affinity, let's say, then what would happen to
the existing .biz websites? In my opinion, there will be only conflict and
I already smell loads of litigation against the successful .biz applicant (that is,
IF they get accepted by ICANN). |
jandl is right. See jandl's messages
below in each of the .biz areas. .biz has been here all along! It's inception
was way back in 1996!
If there is justice in this world, then those with
first use should be the victor. In this instance, .biz already is in existence.
I agree with all these people who state that not only do these .biz applicants pose
a problem, but there are a few others: .firm, .xxx, .sex, .event, .cool, .inc,
The only one that has any merit is IOD's .web just because
they have prior use.
Thanks for taking the time to read my opinions.
- .biz Application by JVTeam, LLC Moderator, October 7 @ 10:29 PM (10/14)
- Critique of JVTeam Application Phil Berent, October 27 @ 9:18 PM (0/0)
- Single TLD extension proposals peniel, October 25 @ 11:02 PM (0/0)
- Charter PhilBerent, October 24 @ 9:26 PM (0/0)
- first use bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:09 AM (0/0)
- .biz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 4:46 PM (0/0)
- and MORE CORE and more MONOPOLY and they also want .WEB jandl, October 19 @ 12:25 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:50 PM (0/0)
- YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW.....BIZ ALREADY EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT ICANN!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:08 AM (1/4)
- application materials same as biz3? jandl, October 17 @ 2:33 AM (0/0)
- Where is your application? jandl, October 14 @ 8:02 PM (0/0)