Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: bizEXISTSalready
Date/Time: Sun, October 22, 2000 at 1:09 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: first use

With all of these .biz applicants asking to be the .biz registrar, I think it is important to note that this is a futile effort.  The top level domain, .biz, is in existence in the ORSC.  There are several websites up an running with a .biz tld.  If ICANN chooses Affinity, let's say, then what would happen to the existing .biz websites?  In my opinion, there will be only conflict and I already smell loads of litigation against the successful .biz applicant (that is, IF they get accepted by ICANN). 

jandl is right.  See jandl's messages below in each of the .biz areas.  .biz has been here all along!  It's inception was way back in 1996! 

If there is justice in this world, then those with first use should be the victor.  In this instance, .biz already is in existence.  I agree with all these people who state that not only do these .biz applicants pose a problem, but there are a few others:  .firm, .xxx, .sex, .event, .cool, .inc, .info, .home. 

The only one that has any merit is IOD's .web just because they have prior use. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my opinions. 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy