Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: uki
Date/Time: Fri, November 10, 2000 at 4:27 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Staff Report - IOD

I totally agree with pilot5 statement, ICANN does appear to have a problem with IOD, in terms of currently being "understaffed", and in addition that two of the core members have a background in automotive dealerships.
With regard to the understaffed point, the service provided by NSI is poor, but the service provided by IDR (www.registrars.com) is even worse.  Two of my customers had contacted IDR asking for a simply change of dns information back in July, however they are still waiting for the change to happen.  They, as well as myself, have contacted IDR on numerous occassions since July and have had absolutely no reply from them.

As for the statement within the Staff Report that two of the core members are from an automotive dealerships background, to me it appears that they also find this a problem.  It doesn't matter what employment background a person comes from, if someone has an idea, they should at least be given an opportunity to proove themselves.  There are many Internet entrepreneurs who have shown their success within this area, and who have come from a variety of backgrounds.

In my view to decide on a particular application based partly on current staff levels and a person's previous experience is extremely narrow minded, ICANN should already be aware of the well-known saying that it is not quantity that matters but quality.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy