Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: pilot5
Date/Time: Fri, November 10, 2000 at 8:05 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Staff Report, To John D. Hynes

John,

You make my point.  Of course the NSI staff is much larger than the IOD staff.  It should be, they have many more registrations to administer.  IOD's staff will grow, proportionately along with demand for their product(s). 

Despite NSI's growth, and huge staff, they provide inadequate customer service, and leave their customers fuming out of frustration.  This is fact.  In all previous ICANN public comment forums, no one is chiming in about how wonderfully NSI treats its customers.  On the contrary, those forums are full of credible stories pertaining to NSI abuse of customers. 

It would not be prudent business practice for IOD to beef-up its staff to handle an onslaught of registrations, prior to a positive word from ICANN.

You ask:
"How can IOD be expected to handle the business when NSI can't?"
The answer is: NSI CAN handle the business properly, they just won't.  It's cheaper for them not to handle the business properly.  And considering they control most .COM,.NET and .ORG registrations, there is little motivation for them to do so. 

IOD can be expected to handle the business properly.  They have done it from day one.  They seem to recognize the value of providing good customer service.  NSI never did, even at the beginning. 

Unlike NSI, I doubt IOD will want to charge me an extra $200.00 if I want a change in WHOIS information, due to a domain registrant/ownership transfer, displayed within a few days instead of 6 weeks.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy