Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: World Thoughts
Date/Time: Fri, November 10, 2000 at 7:53 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V6.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Wrong

<<<<< That would be like saying that all those people buying real estate on the moon now should get it in 50 years when people actually start living there, even though the company they "bought" it from has no legal rights to the moon, despite their claims to the contrary.

The fact that IOD sold "pre-registrations" should be treated as fraud, if they promised that people would actually get the domains, not as "good faith."  There are many other companies which also pre-registered .WEB domain names, so why should only IOD be rewarded? >>>>>

Sir, I find this view to be specious. IOD was involved early on and received IANA's authorization. Upon authorization, they opened their database for authorized registrations. This is NOT akin to someone selling lunar real estate, taking it totally upon themselves to do so.

Additionally, you illustrate your ignorance in these matters by stating, "the fact that IOD sold 'pre-registrations' should be treated as fraud, if they promised that people would actually get the domains, not as 'good faith.'" 

What's this "IF" you present? Don't you know the history of the situation?

In short, IOD has always indicated on their site that though the registrations were authorized, IOD was not yet granted final approval.

. . . Hence, no fraud.

As for my identity, that is none of your business. I expect that my points, not my name, are the issue here.

Concepts, ideas, principles.

My parentage is irrelevant, and as such I don't include my name. As for my vested interests--why yes, I have vested interests: my .web domain through IOD. Neither sin nor shame here.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy