Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: VikashPatel
Date/Time: Fri, November 10, 2000 at 10:02 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Legality is the key word

If a legitimate governing body gives the go-ahead to begin taking pre-registrations, then the pre-registrations should stand regardless of which company was utilized in making the pre-registrations. 

There should not be any conflict of interest disputes if one company's database recognizes another company's database.  For example, if I register notebooks.web from webtld.com, then another individual should not be allowed to register notebooks.web from let's say company Y.  Upon a search for notebooks.web through Company Y, the result should state that the domain name notebooks.web is assigned to me.

Therefore, to clarify myself, all companies who were legitimately given the go-ahead to take .web pre-registrations should be allowed to keep their pre-registrations and be converted to actual registrations upon the .web going live.

Remember, in regards to pre-registrations, the question here is as follows:  Will .web be one of the new TLD's awarded by ICANN? 

The question, again in regards to pre-registrations, is not which company will be in charge for taking registrations when .web is live.

Once, a company is selected by ICANN--hopefully IOD--then all pre-registrations and/or registrations should be stopped by the companies that are no longer authorized to take pre-registrations/registrations.

ICANN, please take this message into consideration. 

Like I mentioned before, those who pre-registered should be rewarded, not punished, if a .web enters the Internet world.

Thanks!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy