Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: sstallings
Date/Time: Sat, November 11, 2000 at 4:30 AM GMT (Sat, November 11, 2000 at 12:30 AM EDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: I don't believe...

... IOD is technically superior. I've been a developer for years now and can agree completely with your post, with the exception of one important point.

>> These are not people you find everyday and everywhere, and I highly doubt that a new graduate from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (or any college for that matter) is going to have the experience with DNS that a person from NSI is going to have. NSI also has the type of REAL WORLD experience that IOD cannot even claim to have. So, if you mention that NSI had troubles coping with demand, how can you even begin to say that IOD is prepared to handle the load? <<

Are you even beginning to say that the only companies that should be allowed to control the future of the net/web are those running it now?

I'm willing to bet fifty dollars to a donut that if IOD is granted their application, a lot of tech people from NSI will be jumping ship. Not for the money (I'm sure IOD would pay it), but simply for the challenge. NSI is old news. There's nothing exciting about doing the same thing day in and day out... but building a new gTLD that's sure to bring in big business... with bosses who have the passion and desire you (as a developer/sysadmin/dba/etc) do is a temping offer for the true "gear heads" out there. Heck, if Chris offered me a job, I'm sure I would seriously consider it. I doubt he'd find someone with as much passion as myself elsewhere (no, not a plug -- I'm currently self employeed on a decent contract with Corning... you know, the fiber optic people)

Anywho... I'm rambling...

--
Sean Stallings
sean@jokeserver.com
http://www.jokeserver.com/

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy