Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: wiredz
Date/Time: Sun, November 12, 2000 at 10:59 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: I have always been saying IODesign was playing fraud

IANA and Dr Jon Postel never did give IODesign any permission. Go and read the court document on the IOD v. IANA and Jon Postel case at the url attached to the link.

http://www.icann.org/tlds/info1/iod-v-iana.pdf

Once you have read the above PDF document, you will understand that IOD lost misrably. So 2 lawsuits filed by IODesign on IANA and CORE were failures. The 3rd lawsuit that IODesign will file on ICANN will also be a failure.

I urge ICANN board to select the Afilias application for .Web because their application is the only one that promotes competition, stability, and diversity and furthermore no member registrar can own Afilias.

On the other hand, if ICANN selected Neustar, .Web will be jeopardized because NeuStar, Inc can be bought over by NSI/VeriSign. This is also the same for IODesign. I was talking the other day with Bruce C., General Manager for VeriSign Global Registry Services and he told me that NSI will try to buy over NeuStar or IOD if any one of them gets .Web.

Ugh. So IODesign will soon be a subsidiary of VeriSign, Inc. and Christopher Ambler, who will soon become a Vice President for .Web at VeriSign and Ambler may soon become a very rich man if that happens.

I remind all of you ICANN staff and board of directors that if ICANN wants stability, competition and diversity for the new TLDs, it should reject both the applications for .Web by IODesign and Neustar. Afilias application supports stability, competition and diversity - competition because **ANY** ICANN Registrar, not only the 19 share holders can register domains immediately from day 1. diversity because the 19 share holders come from various parts of our world. stability because the Afilias .Web registry will be run by Tucows, Inc.

So, dear guys and gals on the ICANN Board, please give .Web to Afilias if you want to show us, the netizens that you care for competition, diversity, and stability.

Thank you in advance.

--Eugene Kang

Link: IOD v. IANA and Jon Postel

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy