Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: wiredz
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 10:16 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: NSI Charging you $35 for a bulkregister.com domain?

>Answer:
>We still get NSIs renewal forms, even though we transferred our
>domain names to bulkregister.com. Therefore it seems to be inevital
>to pay 35$ for renewing a domain name.

You are getting invoices from NSI right? Actually, NSI is not deliberately billing you but accidently. Just don't pay. Nothing will happen to your .com, .net, and .org names. Remember, that once a domain is transfered from NSI to bulkregister.com, you need not pay NSI anymore, even if they bill you because they just cannot deactivate a domain on a different registrar.

However, if you look at it from the legal point of view, what NSI is doing, i.e. sending bills to other registrar's customers is Mail Fraud! I have never borthered to pay NSI $35, and in fact I complained to the registrar which registered my domain, Tucows and NSI later apologised to me and Tucows saying they accidently sent out the bill, and I need not pay it as my domain was already transfered.

This was dicussed in the Open SRS mailing list
discuss-list@opensrs.org , run by Tucows, an ICANN Accredited Registrar.

>NSI even ignored the fact that through the transfer to
>bulkregister.com we had received an additional year. We were simply
>charged twice. We may well be mistaken, but this process seems to be
>everything but fair.

Are you STUPID or what? All you do is DO NOT pay NSI!! If you keep paying them, you are simply paying them for nothing. This is daylight robbery. Complain to bulkregister.com, or better still lodge a police report.

NSI did send me a bill too, but I just IGNORED it. They later sent me another letter by snail mail titled "Final Notice of Deactivation" but my domain was not deactivated. Still, I complained to registrar, Tucows, Inc. and also ICANN. The problem was resolved and NSI apologised saying it was a mistake on their part. They claimed billing system is automated, and it automaticly access the WhoIs to send out bills, so they sometimes accidently sent to non-customers. Their staff told me, if such bills are sent in future, I need not pay it.

I hope that helped.

--Eugene Kang

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy