Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: joehowe
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 5:21 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: .Kids Content Policy Board

First, my name is Joe Howe and i currently work for .Kids Domains, Inc.  We are one of the applicants proposing a restricted, and sponsored TLD .kids.  Let it be known that I am not a policy maker within this organization.  I do however have some ideas to share with this message board and will now do so with this understanding.

Gordon, I appreciate the open minded and supportive statement.  I would like to ask you what in your opinion(and others who read this)ICANN should do with this .kids situation?

1. Continue on to the next level of negotiation allowing us (and those others they feel qualified) to answer their questions regarding any shortcomings.

2. Rely on Staff recommendations that supposedly would be in regards to legal and technical issues.

3. Scrap the idea of a .kids TLD due to difficulties in getting international content agreements for all.

I am asking from a viewpoint of genuine interest as to the internet communities ideas.

While I obviously hope for the ICANN Board members to grant our application approval I would like to through this question asking process find out what other ICANN members feel is necessary.

Thank you again for the note of support.

Joe Howe

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy