Re: [dnsproc-en] You left off my nominees!

You may have hit the nail on the head there --- "none of us is".  Anyone
who has in any way been involved with the dns issues (or the Internet) for
that matter may not be qualified to be a trustee of the dns space.
Everyone brings some sort of baggage (good or bad) who is/was involved in
any of this.

Although I would welcome the chance myself to be on the board, and I
probably have nearly as good qualifications as anyone else -- am I REALLY
qualified to be totally impartial and do what is right and fair?  I would
like to think that I am, or that anyone else is for that matter, however I
am sure I already have biases.

It would be unique, it would be scary, it might be a terrible mistake --
but I would like to see 12 (or however many really needed) random people
selected -- not from a pool of "interested" people, rather from a pool of
"all" people.

The Internet belongs no no one person or group of people, it doesn't even
belong to just the people who now have access -- why not select the board
from this group of people rather than from a very small subset?

If we are going to only select from a group of "elite" as chosen be us the
also "elite" then I suggest that Jon be the sole member of the board so we
can at least be assured that things will get done and there will be
continuity (assuming that is what we are trying to accomplish).

Ron

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Eric Weisberg wrote:

> WRONG.  If you are not qualified, none of us is.  I can not imagine a better
> steward of our trust.  I do not withdraw your nomination and ask that you
> reconsider my request that you be available for consideration should the
> community
> wish your service.
>
> Eric Weisberg, Gen. Counsel
> Internet Texoma
>
> David Schutt wrote:
>
> > Thanks Eric, but there is no way that I am qualified to be on this board.
> > Most of the others that you mentioned are, though, and should be considered.
> >
> > David Schutt

  ---------------- Ronald J. Fitzherbert, President ---------------
                           PENGUIN.NET(sm)
              Arlington, Virginia & Austin, Texas  (USA)