ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Your opinion regarding changing our call schedule

• To: Tina Dam <tina.dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Your opinion regarding changing our call schedule
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:50:08 +0100

Hi Ram,

My preference is also a single call, even if it is longer and later at night or even very early in the morning.

This brings me to remember that we forgot to talk about the use of the wiki yesterday. During the first call we had said ourselves that we would raise the point in the second call.

The idea would be to do more things on the wiki and spend less time on the call. If this means that the wiki should be password-protected, that would probably be better than having an official and publicly readable wiki that we do not really use.

In other capacities I use wikis for almost all teleconferences now. The wiki can be used to type in the minutes as we go. It can be used by each participant to add an opinion, caveat, etc. in a way that does not spend all participants' time. It can be used to do simple polls (simply by filling in a table).

In particular, we could use the wiki to work on the list of "consensus", "broad-agreement" and "some-support-for" items in a way to clear up and agree on the precise language for each point. One or two teleconf participants can write into the wiki while the others just have to refresh the page to see the updated language.

Regards,

Werner

Tina Dam wrote:
My preference is definitely a single call...regardless of how much
time/when. Reason is that there is overlaps between the calls resulting in
not being possible to reach "consensus" when arguments for/against positions
are made across two calls. As such two calls that should be the same may end
up going in opposite directions.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ram Mohan
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:31 AM
To: gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Your opinion regarding changing our call schedule

Several WG members suggest that we should collapse the paired calls into a single call each week so we can all focus with intensity on our discussion rather than attempting to reconcile discussion between the two calls.

The original reason for the paired calls was to achieve momentum on our task. I believe that we have achieved that goal. I am open to collapsing the paired calls into a single call each week, with an alternating time schedule so that different parts of the world are inconvenienced each week.

Please write in to the list your preference:
1) Single weekly call, alternating between earlier & late time slots each week, each call now extending for 120 minutes (2 hours)
2) Status quo (paired calls, each 90 minutes)

Regards,
-Ram

--
---
CORE Internet Council of Registrars   http://corenic.org
WTC II, 29 route de Pre-Bois, CH-1215 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel +4122 929-5744 Fax +4122 929-5745 secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxx

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy