ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] OSC Chair Position

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] OSC Chair Position
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 14:30:26 +0100

I approached Chuck a few days ago letting him know that if being chair of the
OSC was turning out to be too heavy a load in addition to his duties as chair
of the Council, I would be happy to step in and take over as chair of the OSC
on an interim basis.

As a reminder, Chuck started off as interim chair of the OSC and ended up
staying chair because no-one else volunteered to hold that role. My logic
therefore was that, if the load on Chuck was now too much (which seemed likely
to me with Council duties), a "quick fix" was another interim chair until the
group voted for a permanent one.

I am therefore very much in favor of doing what Chuck suggests, and am happy to
step in as interim if that helps get things moving and if the group is happy
with that.

Thanks,

Stéphane