ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] CCT Report II

  • To: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] CCT Report II
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:53:06 -0400

Hi,

>From Mason's note, I accept that the issue was discussed and not ignored.  And
>while I still disagree with including it, do not wish to stop the document
>from going forward based on its inclusion.

I agree with the change being offered.

On the issue:

>>  Ive not yet heard an advocate for the right to be unpleasant.

I would like to add that it is, however, a right of which most of us have all
availed ourselves at one point or another.  so while I continue to believe that
civility is a valued virtue and we should all endeavor to learn civility and
teach it by example, we must also remember that sometime unpleasantness happens
and sometime it is within ones right, or even responsibility, to do things that
other might consider unpleasant and uncivil.

Finally this thread indicates the value of submitting reports back with revised
documents, indicating the manner by which every comment was dealt with, thus
allowing those who comment to avoid the feelings of having been ignored and the
frustration that comes with those feelings.

Thanks

a.