ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] Redefiningthe 4th criteria

  • To: soac-mapo <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Redefiningthe 4th criteria
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:33:48 +0200

Le 1 sept. 2010 à 18:12, Evan Leibovitch a écrit :

> The GNSO as a whole would have been quite fine with the miserable
> staff-proposed status quo.

Evan, I was just about to say nice things about your Global List idea when I
was stopped in my tracks by this gross mischaracterization.

The GNSO provided the initial recommendations for the program through a PDP
that was then approved by the Board. At that point, it becomes the community's
object to play wit.

We do have a say and we have spoken out on repeated occasion. Especially when
we have felt it necessary to remind people of our Principle A.

Stéphane